THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER: Hi, my name is Tess and I'm a Blendaholic. Every Monday I share super easy recipes you can make in your blender! I'm blending up smoothies, cocktails, soups, appetizers, snacks, main meals, and desserts. There isn’t anything I won’t try in a blender, and all of the recipes are mind-blowingly delicious. So, dust off your blender, and tune in to The Blendaholic every Monday at 7AM PST to find your perfect blend. Find more easy healthy recipes at The Blender Girlhttps://www.theblendergirl.com/Posted by The Blendaholic on Monday, January 22, 2018
Brazil Nut Milk
You can make raw Brazil nut milk by blending raw nuts with water and sweetener. It is simple and delicious.
unsweetened Brazil nut milk:
- 1 cup raw Brazil nuts, soaked for 3 hours
- 3 cups filtered water
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
sweetened milk (unsweetened milk, plus below):
chocolate milk (sweetened milk, plus below):
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder, plus more to taste
cinnamon milk (sweetened milk, plus below):
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to taste
strawberry milk (sweetened milk, plus below):
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, plus more to taste
- To soak the Brazil nuts, place them in a glass or ceramic bowl or large glass jar, and cover with filtered water. Add 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt and splash of fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, cover the container with a breathable kitchen towel, and allow to soak at room temperature for 3 hours. (For more information on soaking read here.)
- Drain, and discard the soaking liquid (do not use this to make the milk). Rinse the Brazil nuts several times to remove the anti-nutrients and enzyme inhibitors.
- Throw the rinsed Brazil nuts, water, and salt in your blender, with any additions (if using), and blast on high for about 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- Store the milk in a sealed container in the fridge. Activated Brazil nut milk (made with soaked Brazil nuts) will keep for 2 to 3 days in a very cold fridge. Un-soaked Brazil nut milk will keep for about 5 days.