Raw Avocado Cucumber Sushi Rollsfrom The Decadent Detox
January 15, 2018
This avocado cucumber rolls are just incredible and so easy. Watch the video. This raw vegan sushi is low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo-friendly.
Raw Avocado Cucumber Sushi Rolls
This raw vegan sushi is easy to make. These avocado cucumber rolls are bursting with flavor and are low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo-friendly.
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup curly kale leaves, ribs removed, chiffonaded
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, plus more to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika, to garnish
- To prepare the zucchini, use a mandoline (at the 1/16-inch setting) or a wide vegetable peeler and slice the cucumber lengthways into long slices on one side of the cucumber (until you get to the seeds), and long slices on the other side (until the seeds). Discard the tiny green outer layers. You should be left with 4 inner long slices without seeds. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado, and stir in the chopped kale leaves, lemon juice, salt, cumin, and cayenne together. Tweak lemon juice, salt, cumin, and cayenne to taste.
- To assemble, spread 1/4 of the mixture with a spoon onto each cucumber strip, and gently roll up until you have a finished round roll. (You may need to secure them with a toothpick.)
- Place these rolls end down onto a plate, and sprinkle with smoked paprika. Consume immediately.