Raw Avocado Cucumber Sushi Rollsfrom The Decadent Detox
January 15, 2018
This avocado cucumber rolls are just incredible and so easy. Watch the video. This raw vegan sushi is low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo-friendly.
This raw vegan sushi is easy to make. These avocado cucumber rolls are bursting with flavor and are low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo-friendly. This raw sushi is one of my go-to easy healthy meals because it’s alkaline forming, anti-inflammatory, fantastic for detox, and is decadent and delicious.
Many of you reached out to me during the holidays to ask my advice on how to get healthy for the new year and to ask for quick easy raw detox recipe that didn’t taste like cardboard.
The LA Times asked me these same questions last year.
So, I’ve created a quick free guide with my 5 Steps To Better Health. I’ve added some printable infographs to make it really easy to incorporate these things into your life. Just doing these 5 simple things can dramatically improve your health and wellbeing.
Beyond that, a cleanse (clean eating program) is the next step. Karen Kipp and I have created 3-day, 7-day, and 14-day cleanse programs.
Our cleanse programs have become so popular that we have launched a new site, The Decadent Detox as the new home for our cleanse community moving forward, and we will expanding our offerings this year. We’re really excited.
Our first guided 14-day cleanse starts on Friday January 26th. Karen and I will be participating live with you and will be available to you throughout the two weeks to ensure you get the best results. You can learn more about the 14-day guided cleanse here. We would love to have you join us.
This cucumber avocado sushi is one of our favorite recipes from the cleanse. It’s one of those perfect detox dishes that ticks all the boxes: hydrating and detoxifying, rich, creamy, and satisfying. Don’t stress about getting your cucumber strips perfect. Just smash that guac onto the cuke and stuff it in your gob. This is cleanse crashing at its best.
Let me know what you think.
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER: Hi, my name is Tess and I'm a Blendaholic. Every Monday I share super easy recipes you can make in your blender! I'm blending up smoothies, cocktails, soups, appetizers, snacks, main meals, and desserts. There isn’t anything I won’t try in a blender, and all of the recipes are mind-blowingly delicious. So, dust off your blender, and tune in to The Blendaholic every Monday at 7AM PST to find your perfect blend. Find more easy healthy recipes at The Blender Girlhttps://www.theblendergirl.com/Posted by The Blendaholic on Monday, January 22, 2018
Raw Avocado Cucumber Sushi Rolls
This raw vegan sushi is easy to make. These avocado cucumber rolls are bursting with flavor and are low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo-friendly.
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup curly kale leaves, ribs removed, chiffonaded
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, plus more to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika, to garnish
- To prepare the zucchini, use a mandoline (at the 1/16-inch setting) or a wide vegetable peeler and slice the cucumber lengthways into long slices on one side of the cucumber (until you get to the seeds), and long slices on the other side (until the seeds). Discard the tiny green outer layers. You should be left with 4 inner long slices without seeds. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado, and stir in the chopped kale leaves, lemon juice, salt, cumin, and cayenne together. Tweak lemon juice, salt, cumin, and cayenne to taste.
- To assemble, spread 1/4 of the mixture with a spoon onto each cucumber strip, and gently roll up until you have a finished round roll. (You may need to secure them with a toothpick.)
- Place these rolls end down onto a plate, and sprinkle with smoked paprika. Consume immediately.