February 23, 2013
This hemp milk recipe is easy to make, is loaded with protein and other nutrients, and tastes so much better than commercial hemp milk.
This hemp milk recipe is easy to make, is loaded with highly digestible protein and other nutrients, and tastes so much better than commercial hemp milk.
sweetened milk (unsweetened milk, plus below):
chocolate milk (sweetened milk, plus below):
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder, plus more to taste
strawberry milk (sweetened milk, plus below):
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, plus more to taste
- Throw the hemp seeds, water, and salt in your blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until the seeds are completely pulverized. Use whole milk to maximize nutrition. Or strain for a smoother, more commercial-style milk for use in recipes.
- To strain, place a nut milk bag or knee-high piece of sheer nylon hosiery over the opening of a glass bowl, jar or jug. Pour the milk into the bag, twisting the bag closed, and gently squeezing it to pass the liquid through.
- Rinse your blender container, and pour the strained milk back in. Add the vanilla, sweetener, and any flavorings, and blast again, until smooth and creamy.
- Store the milk in a sealed container in the fridge. Hemp milk will keep for about 3 days in a very cold fridge.