I promised it, and here it is. My apple pie smoothie.
I don’t really know how to do this smoothie justice except to say that it is absolutely scrumdidiliumptious! For those of you with greater articulacy and more clarity of expression you may be able to accurately find real words out of the dictionary that adequately prepare the palate for this taste sensation.
But today, I must resort to fictional words in fantasy movies where anything is possible. Actually, perhaps I should steal a phrase from Mary Poppins, and tell you that, in my opinion, this smoothie is “practically perfect in every way”. And I don’t think I’ll need to eat humble pie.
This apple pie smoothie is incredible, and conjures up memories of everything I love about a great piece of apple pie – the creamy buttery apples with a hint of cinnamon, and covered with a melting scoop of vanilla ice cream. This smoothie satisfies the need for a slice of pie without the need to bake.
I’m not a fan of sickly-sweet, syrupy apple pies. So, in the spirit of replicating my perfect bite of apple pie, I’ve held back on the sweetener in order to let these apples shine. The raw cashews add a nutty pastry flavor, and the cinnamon and vanilla perfect the blend.
How do you like them apples?
Find more delicious recipes in The Blender Girl Smoothies app.
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER: Hi, my name is Tess and I'm a Blendaholic. Every Monday I share super easy recipes you can make in your blender! I'm blending up smoothies, cocktails, soups, appetizers, snacks, main meals, and desserts. There isn’t anything I won’t try in a blender, and all of the recipes are mind-blowingly delicious. So, dust off your blender, and tune in to The Blendaholic every Monday at 7AM PST to find your perfect blend. Find more easy healthy recipes at The Blender Girlhttps://www.theblendergirl.com/Posted by The Blendaholic on Monday, January 22, 2018
Vegan Apple Pie Smoothie
This vegan apple pie smoothie from The Blender Girl Smoothies app tastes just like a melted slice of pie with ice cream. This is dessert in a glass.
- 3/4 cup (180ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 3/4 cups (475g) unsweetened applesauce (or stewed apples)
- 1 cup (140g) raw unsalted cashews, soaked and drained
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract, plus more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to taste
- 2 dates, soaked (or 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup)
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- 1 cup (44g) firmly packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen raw cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon probiotic powder (see notes)
- Throw everything into your blender (including any boosters) and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.