This lemon smoothie tastes like a melted slice of lemon cheesecake. I need to warn you, this one is hard to quit making.
This has a tangy lemon taste on the front end, then a touch of sweetness and creaminess from the cashews and banana in the middle, and then a zesty lemon twist on the back end. I’ve fallen in love with the Sprout Living lucuma protein powder, so I’ve included that as an optional booster. That addition makes it even creamier.
For the creamiest results (particularly with conventional blenders) soak your cashews. You can soak the quick way by covering in boiling water for 10 minutes, then draining. Or soak the slow way and activate them for 2 hours with filtered water, then drain, and rinse. Do not use the soaking liquid for the cashews in the smoothie. Read more about the benefit of soaking here.
Let the “tart at heart” in you sing, blend up this lemon smoothie for a taste of cheesecake.
Find more delicious smoothie recipes in The Blender Girl Smoothies app.
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER: Hi, my name is Tess and I'm a Blendaholic. Every Monday I share super easy recipes you can make in your blender! I'm blending up smoothies, cocktails, soups, appetizers, snacks, main meals, and desserts. There isn’t anything I won’t try in a blender, and all of the recipes are mind-blowingly delicious. So, dust off your blender, and tune in to The Blendaholic every Monday at 7AM PST to find your perfect blend. Find more easy healthy recipes at The Blender Girlhttps://www.theblendergirl.com/Posted by The Blendaholic on Monday, January 22, 2018
Tastes-Like-Cheesecake Lemon Smoothie
This vegan lemon cheesecake smoothie tastes just like a melted cheesecake. This is dessert in a glass.
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (70g) raw unsalted cashews, soaked
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 medium-sized frozen sliced bananas
- 1 tablespoon Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sprout Living vanilla lucuma powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon probiotic powder (see notes)
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt (see notes)
- Throw everything into your blender (including any boosters) and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.