Vegan Caesar Salad With Brussels Sprouts
June 26, 2017
This vegan caesar salad is so delicious and loaded with extra nutrients with the shaved brussels sprouts. Don’t miss it.
Vegan Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
This vegan caesar salad with shaved brussels sprouts is gluten-free, and is packed with nutrition and delicious flavors. The dressing is absolutely amazing.
pine-hemp parmesan: (makes 1 cup 115g)
dressing: (makes 1 3/4 cups (420ml))
- 1/2 cup (120ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (120ml) filtered water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (70g) raw unsalted cashews, soaked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon drained and rinsed capers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 10 cups (500g) chiffonaded romaine hearts (about 5 hearts)
- 5 cups (40g) shaved Brussels sprouts
To make the croutons, preheat the oven to 300 ̊F/150 ̊C, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic and onion powders, salt, and pepper until well combined. Place the bread cubes in a bowl and drizzle the oil mixture over the top, and toss well to coat all bread pieces evenly. You may need more olive oil depending on how thirsty your bread is. Transfer the coated bread cubes to your prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, toss the cubes, and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove the croutons from the oven, and let them cool.
To make the dressing, throw all of the ingredients into your KitchenAid Pro Line Series blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
In a large salad bowl, mix together the romaine lettuce and Brussels sprouts, and add the dressing gradually to your preference. Add half of the pine-hemp parmesan and half of the croutons.
Serve family style, or portion out the salad onto plates, and top with additional parmesan and croutons. Pass remaining dressing, croutons, and parmesan at the table.