This creamy cabbage and kale slaw is a staple in our house.
The weather continued to be uncommonly hot this week, so I’ve been sticking to salads. Seeing as I posted the cashew dressing a few days ago, I thought I’d share this simple slaw.
This raw cabbage and kale slaw contains the blend of vegetables that I like. But, you could use anything you want. You could also throw the individual pieces into your food processor fitted with the s blade or course shredding disc to make things quick and easy.
I toss the dressing through the vegetables, and then add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. This slaw is a fantastic side dish, or serve it with a piece of protein of your choice.
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER: Hi, my name is Tess and I'm a Blendaholic. Every Monday I share super easy recipes you can make in your blender! I'm blending up smoothies, cocktails, soups, appetizers, snacks, main meals, and desserts. There isn’t anything I won’t try in a blender, and all of the recipes are mind-blowingly delicious. So, dust off your blender, and tune in to The Blendaholic every Monday at 7AM PST to find your perfect blend. Find more easy healthy recipes at The Blender Girlhttps://www.theblendergirl.com/Posted by The Blendaholic on Monday, January 22, 2018
Cabbage and Kale Slaw
This cabbage and kale slaw is quick, easy, creamy, and delicious.
- 1 batch Creamy Lemon Cashew Dressing
- 1/2 red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 white cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 bunch curly kale, ribs removed and leaves shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 bunches flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions (white and green parts), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, kale, carrots, parsley, and onions together.
- Fold the dressing through the salad, and add the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add more to taste.