The Best Vegan Potato Saladfrom The Blender Girl cookbook
February 1, 2011
This vegan potato salad from The Blender Girl cookbook is the best potato salad! It’s creamy, crunchy, loaded with nutrients, and is incredibly delicious.
The Best Vegan Potato Salad
This vegan potato salad from The Blender Girl cookbook is the best potato salad! It's creamy, crunchy, loaded with nutrients, and is incredibly delicious.
- 2 3/4 pounds (1.2kg) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) cubes
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- 1 bunch green onions (white and green parts), finely chopped
- 1 cup (140g) diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup (132g) diced celery (about 4 large ribs)
- 1 cup (150g) broccoli slaw (or 1 cup (145g) peeled, seeded, and diced cucumber)
- 1/2 cup (75g) diced red onion
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup (80ml) filtered water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashew, soaked and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (For sugar-free use Lakanto or plain monk fruit)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- To cook the potatoes, place them in a large pot and add cold water to cover. Add the salt and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer the potatoes for about 8 minutes, just until fork-tender. (You don’t want to overcook your potatoes, or you will end up with a mash rather than a chunky salad. Drain the potatoes, rinse them with cold water, and drain them again thoroughly. Allow them to cool completely.
To make the dressing, throw all of the dressing ingredients into your blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble the salad, transfer the cooled potatoes to a large bowl. Add the green onions, red onion, red bell pepper, celery, broccoli, and parsley. Pour on the dressing and fold in gently, keeping the potatoes as intact as possible. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. The salad will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.