Brussels Sprout & Cabbage Slaw
December 18, 2017
This brussels sprout slaw with cabbage is a stunning salad to serve for lunch or dinner. It’s loaded with nutrients, and the creamy dressing is just incredible.
Brussels Sprouts & Cabbage Slaw
This creamy brussels sprout slaw with cabbage is a fantastic gluten free vegan salad that is hearty and satisfying. It also looks stunning on the table.
- 1 cup (240ml) Massel chicken-flavored or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (40g) raw pine nuts, soaked
- 1/4 cup (40g) raw sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet white or chickpea miso paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Bragg liquid aminos or wheat-free tamari
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon Massel chicken-flavored seasoning powder (or Celtic sea salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 cups (500g) shredded white cabbage
- 5 cups (400g) shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 cup (130g) sprouted watermelon seeds or 1 cup (140g) blanched slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (35g) shelled hemp seeds
To make the dressing, throw all of the dressing ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
In a large salad bowl, mix together the cabbage brussels sprouts. Pour on half of the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Add remaining dressing to taste. Toss through the watermelon seeds (or almonds) and hemp seeds.
Serve family style or portion into individual plates, and serve passing remaining dressing at the table.