Spicy Vegan Aloo Gobi
April 1, 2019
This spicy vegan aloo gobi is easy to throw together, has a divine flavor, and is a delicious served with rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER: Hi, my name is Tess and I'm a Blendaholic. Every Monday I share super easy recipes you can make in your blender! I'm blending up smoothies, cocktails, soups, appetizers, snacks, main meals, and desserts. There isn’t anything I won’t try in a blender, and all of the recipes are mind-blowingly delicious. So, dust off your blender, and tune in to The Blendaholic every Monday at 7AM PST to find your perfect blend. Find more easy healthy recipes at The Blender Girlhttps://www.theblendergirl.com/Posted by The Blendaholic on Monday, January 22, 2018
Spicy Vegan Aloo Gobi
This spicy vegan aloo gobi is super easy to throw together, has a divine flavor, and is a delicious served with rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) olive oil, divided
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup (180g) baby potatoes, whole
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt, plus more to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon (15g) tomato purée
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (3 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) filtered water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro, to serve
- Cooked rice, to serve (or quinoa or cauliflower rice)
Preheat the oven to 420°F (215°C). In a large mixing bowl, toss in half of the olive oil, cauliflower florets, potatoes and a generous sprinkling of sea salt. Mix well and place onto a parchment paper–lined baking dish. Cook for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower and potatoes are tender.
In the meantime, make the sauce. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the remaining olive oil and all the spices, tomato purée and garlic. Let this simmer for a few minutes before adding the water. Add the water and let it warm for a few minutes. Now set the sauce aside until the cauliflower and potatoes have finished cooking.
Once they’re done, bring the sauce back to the stove and add the roasted cauliflower, potatoes and lemon juice. Mix well, and warm over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Serve over a bed of rice or quinoa, and top with cilantro and sea salt.