Delicious Turmeric Milk
February 26, 2019
This turmeric milk with almond milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and vanilla has a rich creamy texture and exquisite flavor. Enjoy hot or cold.
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked and drained
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup firmly packed chopped pitted dates (or 2 tablespoons Lakanto)
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
Drain and rinse the soaked almonds. Discard the soaking liquid.
Transfer the drained almonds into the blender and add the 3 cups of filtered water. Blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until the almond are pulverized.
Strain the almond milk with a nut milk bag, filtration bag, or sheer knee-high piece of hosiery. Wash your blender container and lid, and pour the strained milk into the container.
Add the sweetener, turmeric, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, and salt, and blast on high for 10 to 20 seconds until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Transfer to a sealed glass jar, chill in the fridge, and consume chilled. Or gently warm on the stove top on low heat. The milk will keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.