January 22, 2018
This is the best chimichurri recipe. It’s so easy and loaded with fresh flavors from the olive oil, herbs, citrus juices, and garlic. Serve with grilled veggies for an awesome dinner.
How to make the best chimichurri: Use good quality olive oil, fresh herbs, lemon and lime juice, and garlic! This recipe is super easy and really delicious!
- 3/4 cup (180ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (30g) firmly packed basil leaves
- 1 cup (30g) firmly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup (15g) firmly packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup (23g) firmly packed finely chopped chives
- Throw the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes into your blender, and puree on high for 10 to 20 seconds, until the sauce is emulsified and the zest, garlic, and pepper flakes have been completely pulverized.
- Add the basil, parsley, cilantro, and chives, and pulse on low 5 to 10 seconds just to break down the herbs, but keeping the dressing very loose and not completely blended.