THE BEST VEGAN PESTO
This is the BEST VEGAN PESTO. A lot of commercial pestos contain cheese. This pesto recipe tastes like it contains aged parmesan but is dairy-free. If you're avoiding soy, use chickpea miso. It is amazing! GET THE FULL PRINTED RECIPE:https://www.theblendergirl.com/recipe/vegan-basil-pesto/Posted by The Blendaholic on Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Vegan Basil Pesto
This vegan dairy free basil pesto tastes like it has aged parmesan in it! You’ll never miss the cheese.
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups (75g) firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (70g) raw or toasted pine nuts (or blanched slivered almonds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon sweet white miso paste (or yellow or chickpea miso)
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- Throw everything into a food processor fitted with the s blade, and pulse until rustically combined. Tweak salt to taste.
- Transfer to a sealed container. The pesto will keep in the fridge for about 5 days.