Vegan Basil Pesto
This vegan dairy free basil pesto tastes like it has aged parmesan in it! You’ll never miss the cheese.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 1/2 cups
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups (75g) firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (70g) raw or toasted pine nuts (or blanched slivered almonds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon sweet white miso paste (or yellow or chickpea miso)
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- Throw everything into a food processor fitted with the s blade, and pulse until rustically combined. Tweak salt to taste.
- Transfer to a sealed container. The pesto will keep in the fridge for about 5 days.