Vegan Basil Pesto
This vegan dairy free basil pesto tastes like it has aged parmesan in it! You’ll never miss the cheese.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Calories 94 kcal
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups (75g) firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (70g) raw or toasted pine nuts (or blanched slivered almonds)
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (8g) minced fresh garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon sweet white miso paste (or yellow or chickpea miso)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.5g) Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
Throw everything into a food processor fitted with the s blade, and pulse until rustically combined. Tweak salt to taste.
Transfer to a sealed container. The pesto will keep in the fridge for about 5 days.
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Serving: 1 serving = 2 tablespoons.