Vegan Beet Hummus
This beet hummus is absolutely incredible. Serve it with vegetables or crackers, or slather on sandwiches and wraps.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup cubed beets, peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped leek
- Filtered water (for cooking beets and leeks)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Place the beets and leeks in a small saucepan, and cover them with water. Cover with the lid, and over high heat, bring to a boil. Simmer, covered for 6 to 8 minutes, until the beets are tender.
- Drain the beets and leeks, and transfer them to a high-speed blender. Add the remaining ingredients, and blast on high until smooth and creamy. (You may have to stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the container.) Tweak lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve with veggies sticks or crackers, or wrap up in a collard green or lettuce leaf with avocado, cucumber, and celery for a quick nutritious snack.