Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
November 30, 2017
This vegan chicken noodle soup tastes like it has chicken broth in it. The Massel chicken-flavored vegan broth is mind-blowing. Don’t miss this one. It’s incredible.
The Most Incredible Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
This vegan chicken noodle soup really tastes like it contains real chicken broth, but it’s vegetarian and gluten-free. The secret? Massel vegan broth. Their chicken-flavored vegan broth is just incredible, and really makes this vegan chicken-noodle soup really convincing. I have had many dinner guests call me a dirty liar when I told them that there was no real chicken broth in this recipe.
Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
This vegan chicken noodle soup really tastes like it contains real chicken broth, but it's vegetarian and gluten-free. The secret? Massel vegan broth.
- 1 (14oz/397g) pack firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 lb (113g) gluten-free fettucini noodles (1/4 pack)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Massel chicken-flavored seasoning powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups (300g) diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 celery ribs, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 cups strong Massel chicken-flavored broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to serve
- 2 teaspoons wheat-free tamari, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley. plus more to serve
- Freshly ground black pepper, to serve
- Wrap the tofu in paper towel, and pat dry until all of the excess moisture has been removed. Wrap in a dry piece of paper towel, and allow to sit.
- In a saucepan, cook the pasta according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Drain, and set aside.
- Unwrap the tofu, and cut the block into equal 1-inch cubes.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chicken-flavored powder, garlic powder, and onion powder, and stir until well combined. Toss the tofu cubes in the oil mixture until evenly coated.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the tofu cubes for about 10 minutes until lightly browned, turning when needed.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, warm the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and sauté the onions, garlic, thyme, celery, and carrots for about 5 minutes, until the onions are soft and translucent, and the celery and carrots are softened, but not browned.
- Pour in the broth and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of the seasoning powder, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the carrot is just tender. Stir in the lemon juice, tamari, and parsley, add the cooked noodles and tofu, and season with pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of additional chopped parsley.