This savory smoothie serves up your daily quota of vegetables and is super tasty.
This veggie-packed smoothie is on heavy rotation in our house because it is a fantastic meal replacement for energy, detox, and inflammation, and hangovers. Yep, that cayenne will wake you up and get you going!
I like this avocado carrot tomato smoothie a bit more salty than I’ve specified. But the quantities I’ve specified strike a good balance for most people. You could also add more cayenne pepper. Start with a pinch and add more to taste.
Happy New Year! May 2012 be filled with love, joy, peace, good health, nourishment, and anything else your heart desires.
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER: Hi, my name is Tess and I'm a Blendaholic. Every Monday I share super easy recipes you can make in your blender! I'm blending up smoothies, cocktails, soups, appetizers, snacks, main meals, and desserts. There isn’t anything I won’t try in a blender, and all of the recipes are mind-blowingly delicious. So, dust off your blender, and tune in to The Blendaholic every Monday at 7AM PST to find your perfect blend. Find more easy healthy recipes at The Blender Girlhttps://www.theblendergirl.com/Posted by The Blendaholic on Monday, January 22, 2018
Spicy Avocado Carrot Tomato Smoothie
This savory and spicy vegetable green smoothie from The Blender Girl Smoothies app and book is full of flavor and will get you going in the morning!
- 3/4 cup (180ml) raw coconut water (or or filtered water)
- 1 cup (50g) chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, skin on and chopped
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 medium lime, peeled and halved
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon Bragg liquid aminos
- Throw everything into your blender (including any boosters) and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Add salt to taste.