Epic Edamame Dipfrom The Blender Girl cookbook
January 3, 2012
This edamame dip from The Blender Girl cookbook is addictive. It tastes so darn good, and only takes 5 minutes to blend and devour.
Epic Edamame Dip
This raw vegan edamame dip from The Blender Girl cookbook is quick easy and delicious. Just throw everything into your blender or food processor.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (320g) shelled raw edamame beans
- 2 cups (54g) loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup (12g) finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
Throw the oil, edamame, spinach, lemon juice, tahini, onion, garlic, cumin, pepper flakes, and salt into your high-speed blender or food processor and blend on high or process for about 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Stop the machine periodically and scrape down the sides of the container to fully incorporate the ingredients. (A food processor will give the mixture a coarse consistency, which some people prefer.) Tweak the lemon juice, pepper flakes, or salt to taste.
Serve topped with the sesame seeds and parsley.
Recipe and Photo from The Blender Girl cookbook.