Sweet Potato Pudding
This sweet potato pudding is vegan and gluten-free is an easy delicious plant based holiday dessert that is popular with everybody.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 cups mashed roasted and peeled orange-flesh sweet potato
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked and drained
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus more to serve
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for about 1 minute until smooth and creamy. Tweak lemon juice, maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon zest to taste. Serve immediately warm or chill in the fridge for a few hours to firm up.
- Serve topped with cashew cream and lemon zest.