Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream
July 7, 2016
Make this vegan and paleo-friendly pineapple coconut ice cream in your high-speed blender in less than 10 minutes. You don’t need an ice cream maker!
This pineapple coconut ice cream contains just four ingredients and can be made and served in less than 10 minutes. No churning, no waiting. Just instant gratification. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and you don’t need an ice cream maker. You can make this ice cream or “nice cream” in your high-speed blender.
One of my favorite features of the new KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series blender is the tamper with the flex edge spatula attached. When you’re making ice creams, puddings, and other desserts, the spatula allows you to scrape down the sides of the container, burst air pockets that form when blending thick mixes, evenly distribute the blend, and completely control the texture of the finished product while the machine is running. So, it’s amazing for making this pineapple coconut ice cream.
If you serve it straight away this recipe has the consistency of frozen yogurt. For a more conventional ice cream consistency, transfer the mixture to a steel loaf tin and place in the freezer to harden for 4 hours. Then, scoop out as you would a traditional ice cream. If you leave this in the freezer for longer than 4 hours it will get really hard and ice crystals may form because the ice cream hasn’t been churned in an ice cream maker.
Don’t miss making this pineapple coconut ice cream. It is amazing.
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER: Hi, my name is Tess and I'm a Blendaholic. Every Monday I share super easy recipes you can make in your blender! I'm blending up smoothies, cocktails, soups, appetizers, snacks, main meals, and desserts. There isn’t anything I won’t try in a blender, and all of the recipes are mind-blowingly delicious. So, dust off your blender, and tune in to The Blendaholic every Monday at 7AM PST to find your perfect blend. Find more easy healthy recipes at The Blender Girlhttps://www.theblendergirl.com/Posted by The Blendaholic on Monday, January 22, 2018
Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream
This vegan and paleo-friendly pineapple coconut ice cream takes less than 10 minutes in your high-speed blender, and is seriously delicious.
- 1 cup (240ml) full-fat canned coconut milk (shake, then pour)
- 1 tablespoon melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (85g) chopped, pitted dates
- 4 cups (640g) frozen pineapple
- Throw the coconut milk, coconut oil, and dates into your KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series blender and puree on high for about 30 seconds until the dates are completely pulverized and the mixture is smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender container and inside the lid, and add the pineapple. Process on high for 20 to 30 seconds, using the tamper to guide the fruit through the blades until smooth, but still frozen.
- Scoop out and serve immediately like a frozen yogurt, or chill in the freezer for 2 hours to firm up for a harder sorbet consistency. Do not freeze for much longer or ice crystals will develop.