White Bean Dip
June 26, 2016
This vegan white bean dip is really easy and delicious. Just blend, chill, and serve with crackers, veggie sticks, or slather on sandwiches and wraps.
White Bean Dip
This easy vegan white bean dip is really easy and delicious. Just blend, chill, and serve with crackers, veggie sticks, or slather on sandwiches and wraps.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (150g) diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable broth
- 1 (15oz/425g) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (1 1/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 3/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley, to serve
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives, to serve
- In a small skillet over medium heat, sauté the olive oil and onion for about 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Allow to cool slightly.
- Throw the broth, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, beans, cashews, salt, paprika, cayenne, and cooked onions into your KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Tweak the salt to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl, and stir through the parsley and chives.
- Serve with veggie sticks, crackers, tortilla chips, or slather on sandwiches or wraps. The dip will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for about 5 days.