This fantastic berry beet kale smoothie comes from Ricki Heller. I love her blog and books. If you don’t know about her, get acquainted. Her recipes rock!
If you’re looking for spectacular gluten-free and vegan baked goods, and candida-friendly low-sugar recipes, Ricki is the master.
This beet berry smoothie is one of my favorite smoothies on her website. She says, “beets help tone the liver, and are full of antioxidants, soluble fiber, folate, potassium, vitamin C and tons of other essential nutrients. Other magic powerhouse ingredients include kale, which contains chlorophyll, a potent detoxifier, and cucumber, which is highly alkalizing”.
For those of you who think you can’t enjoy beets in a smoothie, this berry beet kale smoothie may change your mind. It’s delicious.
Find more delicious smoothie recipes in The Blender Girl Smoothies app.
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER: Hi, my name is Tess and I'm a Blendaholic. Every Monday I share super easy recipes you can make in your blender! I'm blending up smoothies, cocktails, soups, appetizers, snacks, main meals, and desserts. There isn’t anything I won’t try in a blender, and all of the recipes are mind-blowingly delicious. So, dust off your blender, and tune in to The Blendaholic every Monday at 7AM PST to find your perfect blend. Find more easy healthy recipes at The Blender Girlhttps://www.theblendergirl.com/Posted by The Blendaholic on Monday, January 22, 2018
Berry Beet Kale Smoothie
This vegan berry beet kale smoothie is the perfect combination of sweet decadence and healthy ingredients.
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened rice milk (or almond milk)
- 1 medium purple beet, peeled and steamed
- 1 cup (25g) purple kale leaves
- 1/2 medium English cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (160g) mixed frozen berries
- Throw everything into your blender (including any boosters) and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Tweak the stevia and ginger (if using) to taste.