Vegan Spring Rolls with Lime Mustard Sauce
These vegan spring rolls have a delicious flavor, are quick and easy to make, and not to be missed.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 4 to 6
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 large burdock root, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups firmly packed shredded napa cabbage
- Celtic sea salt
- 10 sheets yuba (each about 6 by 4 inches, reconstituted according to package directions and drained)
- To make the yuba rolls, Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large sauté pan and add the shiitakes. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Then add the carrot, burdock root, ginger, garlic, maple syrup, tamari, and 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook for 1 minute more.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and season with salt.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
- Spread out a sheet of yuba on your work surface.
- Spread a scant 1/2 cup of the vegetables on the yuba sheet in a line 1 inch wide along the long edge of the sheet.
- Tightly roll the yuba sheet around the vegetables, as if you were rolling sushi.
- Place the roll on the prepared baking sheet, seam side down.
- Repeat with the rest of the filling and yuba sheets.
- Brush the rolls with the oil mixture and bake until the rolls are crisp and golden, about 15 minutes.
- To make the sauce, whisk together all of the ingredients, and season with salt to taste.
- Serve the rolls hot, sliced in half on the diagonal, with the dipping sauce.