Vegan Energy Balls with Maca
These raw vegan maca macaroons taste like peanut butter and are super delicious.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 20 cookies
- 1 cup raw Brazil nuts
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gelatinized maca powder
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
Throw all of the ingredients in a food processor fitted with the s blade and pulse until a coarse dough has formed. The consistency should stick together, yet still crumble like a cookie. If the dough is too dry, add water, 1 teaspoon at a time until the dough sticks. If the dough is too wet, add spoonfuls of extra coconut until the dough is just right.
Using a tablespoon measurer, scoop the dough into balls, and in extra coconut.
Flatten into cookies, and serve.
Recipe from Superfood Kitchen © 2012 by Julie Morris
Photo by Trent Lanz and styling by Alicia Buszczak
Yum! Thank you! This was such a treat.
Yes! These are DELICIOUS aren’t they? Julie’s recipes ROCK!