Jicama Sticks with Mango Basil Sauce
This raw jicama with mango sauce is a fantastic healthy vegan side dish.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 jicama, peeled, and julienned
- 1 medium ripe mango
- 1/4 cup raw coconut water (or filtered water)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 large green onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped green chile, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- Put the jicama in a large bowl.
- Throw the mango, water, basil, green onion, lime juice, chile, and salt into your blender, and blast on high for 20 to 30 seconds until smooth. lime juice, chile, and salt to taste.
- Toss the sauce through the jicama, cover the bowl, and transfer to the fridge. Allow the mixture to marinate for about an hour to break down some of the starch.
- Serve over a bed of greens, topped with some crushed raw cashews.