Raw Vegan Alfredo with Broccoli
This raw vegan zucchini pasta with alfredo is grain-free and low in carbs.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup (180ml) filtered water
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup (105g) raw unsalted macadamias, soaked
- 3/4 cup (105g) raw pine nuts, soaked
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 medium green zucchinis
- 1 cup (90g) finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely chopped green onion (white and green parts)
- 1/2 cup (70g) raw pine nuts
- 1/2 cup (12g) finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- To make the sauce, throw all of the ingredients into your blender, and blast on high for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. Tweak salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the “noodles,” cut the ends off the zucchinis and use a spiralizer to create long spaghetti-style noodles. Or use a wide vegetable peeler to shave thin fettucine-style noodles. You should have about 8 cups (800g).
- Toss the noodles, broccoli, and green onions with about 1 1/2 cups of sauce, adding more as needed. Stir in the pine nuts and parsley. Season with salt and white pepper, to taste. Swirl portions onto a plate or bowl, and pass extra dressing at the table.