Sensational Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
Throw this tasty slow-cooker recipe together in no time and have a delicious side dish to share.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 20 minutes
Servings 6 to 8
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups peeled and diced orange-flesh sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
In a large bowl, stir all of the ingredients together except the cilantro.
Transfer to the slow cooker, and select the high setting to cook for 2 to 3 hours, or the low setting to cook for 4 to 5 hours until the potatoes are cooked through. Periodically, stir the ingredients to ensure the potatoes remain evenly coated with the oil and spice mixture.
Once the potatoes are cooked, stir through the cilantro, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve family style.