Sensational Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
Throw this tasty slow-cooker recipe together in no time and have a delicious side dish to share.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 20 minutes
Servings 6 to 8
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups peeled and diced orange-flesh sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
In a large bowl, stir all of the ingredients together except the cilantro.
- Transfer to the slow cooker, and select the high setting to cook for 2 to 3 hours, or the low setting to cook for 4 to 5 hours until the potatoes are cooked through. Periodically, stir the ingredients to ensure the potatoes remain evenly coated with the oil and spice mixture.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, stir through the cilantro, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve family style.