Curried Chickpea Tacos
September 14, 2016
These curried chickpea tacos are vegan and gluten-free and are really tasty and gorgeous. This is a fantastic vegetarian dinner that’s dressed to impress.
These curried chickpea tacos are vegan and gluten-free and are really tasty and gorgeous. This is a fantastic vegetarian dinner loaded up with veggies that is always a hit.
These chickpea tacos come from Easy Vegan Breakfasts & Lunches book, and what I love about this book is the emphasis on simplicity, portability, and nutrient density. Most of the recipes can be whipped up in no time with a blender or food processor, so I was in from the get-go! There are 80 delicious vegan recipes, many of which can be adapted for a gluten-free diet.
The book is broken into four chapters for: Quick Breakfasts like Good Morning Tiramisu, Quinoa Porridge, Pink Panther Smoothie, and Sautéed Mushroom and Avocado Quesadillas; Easy Lunches like Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry, Eggplant Quinoa Black Bean Burgers, Cozy Lentil Minestrone, Zucchini Fritters, and Chana Masala; Smart Snacks like Zucchini Carrot Spread, Pickled Beets, Crunch Time Chocolate Crispies, Mini Lemon Curd Tarts, and Matcha Nana Ice Cream; and Basics like Fresh Cranberry Orange Relish, Kale Mint Pesto, Fresh Dill Cheese, Hot Tahini Curry Sauce, Custard Cream, and other condiments and sauces.
Maya draws on her diverse background as a chef and photographer, and her Mediterranean roots and serves up fabulous flavor combinations and exotic dishes that will have you salivating at every turn of the page. I’m excited to cook my way through this book.
Scott and I made these quick easy tacos on the weekend, and they were terrific. The spicy chickpeas pair with the zesty cabbage and creamy avocado for a delectable dining experience.
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER
THE BLENDAHOLIC SHOW TRAILER: Hi, my name is Tess and I'm a Blendaholic. Every Monday I share super easy recipes you can make in your blender! I'm blending up smoothies, cocktails, soups, appetizers, snacks, main meals, and desserts. There isn’t anything I won’t try in a blender, and all of the recipes are mind-blowingly delicious. So, dust off your blender, and tune in to The Blendaholic every Monday at 7AM PST to find your perfect blend. Find more easy healthy recipes at The Blender Girlhttps://www.theblendergirl.com/Posted by The Blendaholic on Monday, January 22, 2018
Curried Chickpea Tacos
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15oz/425g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups (140g) shaved red cabbage
- 1/2 cup (35g) chopped lettuce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 red radish, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, cubed
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- 4 corn tortillas, plus more as needed
- In a pan over medium-high heat, cook mix together the olive oil, curry powder, hot sauce, and garlic powder, and cook the chickpeas for about 5 minutes until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cabbage salad ingredients until well combined. Tweak the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt to taste.
- In a small pan, gently soften the tortillas.
- Stuff the tortillas with equal parts of the chickpea mixture, and top with the salad. Fill additional tortillas, or pass extra filling and salad at the table.
Recipe and photo from Easy Vegan Breakfasts & Lunches by Maya Sozer.