Creamy Blended Vegetable Soup
This creamy blended vegetable soup is super easy, loaded with vegetables, and delicious!
Prep Time 45 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings 6 to 8
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 cups (300g) diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 cups roughly chopped zucchini (about 2 zucchini)
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups (480g) halved green beans
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 1 head of broccoli)
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
In a large pot over medium-high heat, warm the oil and sauté the onions and garlic with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent. Add in the celery and zucchini, and sauté for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the cauliflower and vegetable broth, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and increase the heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is just softened. Add the green beans, the broccoli, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes further until the beans and broccoli are al dente but still vibrant green. Remove the pot from the heat, stir in the almonds and allow them to soak in the soup for about 10 minutes while the soup cools a bit.
Transfer the soup to your blender in batches and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. (For conventional blenders, remove the small center lid cap and cover the opening with a kitchen towel so steam can escape while you blend.) Return the soup to the pot and warm over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir in the lemon juice.
To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, and serve with a scoop of cooked grain or a piece of crusty bread.