Basil Sweet Corn Dressing
September 25, 2019
This quick easy basil sweet corn dressing comes from Amy Chaplin’s incredible new book, Whole Food Cooking Everyday, and is incredible. Do not miss it!
Brilliant Basil Sweet Corn Dressing
This quick easy basil sweet corn dressing comes from Amy Chaplin’s incredible new book, Whole Food Cooking Everyday, and is absolutely incredible. Do not miss it!
- 2 large ears sweet corn, husked and kernels cut off (2 cups (10oz/ 285 g)
- 6 tablespoons (90ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 2 (3-inch/7.5cm) pieces green onion (white and light green parts only), coursely chopped
- 1 (1/2-inch/1.25cm) slice of a large garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (16g) fresh basil leaves
Throw the corn kernels, olive oil, lime juice, green onion, garlic, and salt into your blender, and blast until completely smooth and velvety. Stop the machine, and scrape down the sides of the container with a rubber spatula. Adjust the lime juice and salt to taste, and blend again.
Add the basil leaves, pulse on medium speed for 5 to 10 seconds, until the basil is finely chopped.
Use immediately, or store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 days. Shake well before using.
Excerpted from Whole Food Cooking Every Day by Amy Chaplin (Artisan Books). Copyright © 2019.