May 15, 2017
This vegan tzatziki is super easy to make and tastes similar to traditional tzatziki. Serve with pita bread, chips, crackers, or veggie sticks.
This vegan tzatziki is super easy to throw together and has a fantastic flavor similar to conventional tzatziki. Serve with pita, chips, or veggie sticks.
- 1 1/2 cups medium-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Throw the tofu, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic into a food processor fitted with the s blade, and pulse until smooth.
- Place the grated cucumber in a cheesecloth or paper towel and wring out as much moisture as possible.
- Add the cucumber and mint to the food processor, and pulse just a few times until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl, and chill in the fridge for about 2 hours until thickened. Transfer the mixture to a fine mesh sieve, and push the excess water through with a spoon.
- Serve with veggie sticks, pita bread, or chips, or slather on wraps or sandwiches.
- The dip will keep in a sealed container for about 5 days.
Recipe from Vegetarian Comfort Foods by Jennifer Browne