Nutty Vegan Burgers
These gluten-free veggie burgers are vegan, nutty, and super delicious and easy.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 5 to 6 patties
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 3/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (or tomato paste)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons wheat free tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or 1/4 teaspoon each of dried thyme and ground sage)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup firmly packed finely grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, for pan-frying
- In your food processor, add almonds, walnuts, garlic, and salt. Process until the nuts are finely ground.
- Then add ketchup, nutritional yeast, tamari, poultry seasoning (or thyme/sage), carrot and zucchini, and pulse through until the mixture becomes dense and is starting to hold together. Then pulse in the oats.
- Remove the blade, and using a 1/3 cup measurer, shape the mixture into patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil, and cook the patties for 5 to 7 minutes, flip, and cook for a further 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with patties in burger buns with lettuce, tomatoes, grilled onions, pickles, avocado, or any other fixings you like.