Incredible Vegan Stir-Fryfrom The Decadent Detox
June 1, 2018
This easy vegan stir fry is a nutritious dinner the whole family can enjoy. Serve this with cauliflower rice for a low carb meal, or with brown rice, quinoa, millet, or other grains.
Incredible Vegan Stir-Fry
This vegan stir-fry from The Decadent Detox is a fantastic vegetarian dish bursting with flavor the whole family can enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced green chile, plus more to taste
- 2 cups red onion (1 medium onion)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (2 ribs)
- 1 cup sliced carrot (1 small)
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup chopped snap peas
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups chopped baby bok choy (4 heads)
- 2 tablespoons Bragg liquid aminos, plus more to taste
- Celtic sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons gomasio or sesame seeds (optional)
To make the cauliflower rice, preheat your oven to 375°F (180°C).
Throw the cauliflower florets into your food processor with the S blade and pulse about five times until you get the consistency of couscous. Transfer the “rice” to a large baking tray lined with a non-stick sheet or parchment paper, and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes until starting to steam.
Remove from the oven and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon, and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes until the cauliflower is just beginning to brown. Set aside.
To make the stir-fry. heat the oils on a medium-high heat in a wok or deep skillet. Sauté with the garlic, ginger, chile, and onion for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the celery, carrot, green beans, snap peas, and red bell pepper, and sauté for another 5 minutes until softened. Add in the bok choy and liquid aminos, and sauté for another 5 minutes until the vegetables are al dente. Tweak liquid aminos and chile, and season to taste.
Serve with the cauliflower rice.