Healthy Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Maple Pecans
These healthy mashed sweet potatoes with maple pecans are fantastic for the holidays!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, prick them a few times with a fork, wrap individually in aluminium foil, and bake for about 1 hour, until cooked through
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and remove the skins.
- Transfer the peeled potatoes to the bowl of your stand mixer, add the orange juice, maple syrup, salt, and pepper, and with the paddle attachment, mix on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Roughly chop the candied maple pecans, and stir through the potatoes reserving some to garnish the dish before serving.