Orange and Black Sesame Carrot Salad
I am so in love with this Orange and Black Sesame Carrot Salad! The tangy orange dressing is incredible and coats the carrots beautifully, and the mint, cilantro, and black sesame seeds add an exquisite flavor that will make you weak in the knees.
This salad has been a hit at every party I’ve taken it to this year, and everybody loves the crunch and natural sweetness of the spiralized carrot noodles.
I developed this recipe for the new KitchenAid K400 blender that just launched this month, and I used the spiralizer attachment of my matching KitchenAid stand mixer to make the carrot noodles.
If you’re using a conventional hand-cranked spiralizer to make your carrot noodles, welcome to the world of super easy! You just put the carrot on the KitchenAid spiralizer attachment, and let the machine do all of the work for you!
But, the real star of this salad is the orange dressing!
How To Make The Best Dressing For A Carrot Salad
I love to blend my salad dressings so that all of the flavor elements and aromatics get pulverized for the most even incorporation.
Here’s what I’m putting in the salad dressing for this carrot salad:
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2/3 cup (160ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) safflower oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or cane sugar
Pour all of the ingredients into your KitchenAid® K400 blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until the ingredients are pulverized and the mixture is emulsified.
This blender is so awesome!
I worked with the designers and engineers at KitchenAid on this new K400 blender for the last three years, and I am just so in love with this blender. I’ve been waiting for 10 years for a company to develop a mid-range blender that delivers the performance of a high-speed machine, and KitchenAid has done it!
Features of the KitchenAid K400 Blender
- 1.5 Peak HP motor that works with the blade construction and size and shape of the container for an incredibly efficient blend that matches a high-speed machine at much higher HP levels. It is incredible!
- 56 oz Blender Jar with reinforced lid – perfect size that fits under all standard counter tops.
- Asymmetric Blade that blends at four distinct angles to pull contents in for even incorporation.
- 3 Preset Recipe Programs: Ice Crush, Icy Drinks, and Smoothie
- 5-Speed Variable Speed Dial so you can completely control your blend at any speed.
- Soft Start® Feature that starts the motor at a slower speed to pull the food down into the blades and then quickly increases to the selected speed setting for efficient blending and to avoid ingredients splattering up into the lid and top sides of the blender container.
- Intelli-Speed® Motor Control which senses contents and maintains the optimal speed to power through all ingredients.
- Tamper to help push ingredients into the blades for an even blending vortex so everything is pulverized equally for the best textures.
- 16-oz Personal Blender Jar – to make smoothies to go
- 8-oz. Small Batch Jar – for pestos, sauces, baby food.
Match Your KitchenAid Blender To Your KitchenAid Stand Mixer
Nobody creates gorgeous colors like KitchenAid, and you can get the new K400 blender in:
- Matte Black
- Contour Silver
- Passion Red
- Matte Vintage Blue
Match your color to a stand mixer and other KitchenAid appliances. I have a matching stand mixer, food processor, kettle, coffee machine, and toaster to match my blender. My kitchen is gorgeous!
Use Promo Code: THEBLENDERGIRL to get 10% off the KitchenAid site.*
Disclaimer: **Ends 12/31/2019 11:59PM EST. Excludes in-home delivery products. Discount taken off sale price excluding taxes and shipping. Only valid for new orders on KitchenAid.com. Offer subject to change. No cash value. Cannot be combined with other offers or rebates. Excludes refurbished and commercial models.
Disclaimer: I am a paid ambassador for KitchenAid Blenders. But, my opinions are my own.
Other Salad Recipes
Arugula Salad with Lemon Mint Vinaigrette
Vegan Caesar Salad with Brussels Sprouts
Quinoa Salad with Orange Dressing
The Best Vegan Potato Salad
Righteous Raw Broccoli Salad
Let me know what you think of this carrot salad in the comments!
Your feedback is important, and it helps me decide which recipes to post next for you.