Wild Rice and Kale Salad
November 13, 2019
This wild rice and kale salad is bursting with sweet, tangy, and salty notes with apple, cranberries, almonds, feta, and a delicious maple-mustard dressing.
Winter Wild Rice and Kale Salad
This Wild Rice and Kale Salad from the Two Peas & Their Pod cookbook is vegan, gluten-free, really easy, and bursting with gorgeous color and delicious flavors.
Maple Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 1 cup cooked wild rice (or brown rice)
- 1 large apple, cored and chopped (Honeycrisp, Fuji, or Gala)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 3 ounces vegan feta, crumbled
Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl or jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, and mustard. Whisk or shake until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, combine the kale, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Massage the kale with your hands until the leaves soften, about 2 minutes. Add the rice, apple, avocado, dried cranberries, almonds, and vegan cheese. Gently toss. Drizzle the
vinaigrette over the salad, toss, and serve.