Chock-Full Chocolate Spinach Smoothiefrom The Blender Girl cookbook
June 3, 2011
This chocolate spinach smoothie from The Blender Girl cookbook, and delicious and is a fun way to get kids to eat more veggies.
Chock-Full Chocolate Spinach Smoothie
Want to sneak some spinach and other vegetables into your kids without them knowing? This chocolate spinach smoothie is the best kept secret in town.
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup (22g) firmly packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (25g) frozen broccoli (about 2 florets)
- 1 medium-sized banana, plus more to taste
- 1/2 ripe pear, cored, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (120g) steamed cauliflower florets (cooled completely)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes
Throw everything into your blender (including any boosters) and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Tweak the banana, pear, cacao, vanilla, and maple syrup. *This smoothie is best consumed immediately before the vegetables get assertive.