Chock-Full Chocolate Spinach Smoothiefrom The Blender Girl cookbook
June 3, 2011
This chocolate spinach smoothie from The Blender Girl cookbook, and delicious and is a fun way to get kids to eat more veggies.
Chocolate Spinach Smoothie
This chocolate spinach smoothie is still one of the most popular recipes from The Blender Girl cookbook, and is a fun way to get kids to eat more veggies.
Unlike the murky color of some vegetable smoothies, the brown of this chocolate spinach smoothie makes it look like a regular chocolate milkshake, enabling you to hide all manner of nutritious goodies inside. And this chocolate spinach smoothie delicious and creamy, nobody will know that it contains greens!
Note that the broccoli must be frozen and the cauliflower must be steamed and cooled, not raw. This is quick and easy to make if you have a bit of leftover cauliflower. If you can’t quite get your head around blending wet florets, you can always add an extra banana and reduce the sweetener.
Get 100 Delicious Healthy Recipes
My Top 100 Healthy Recipes are in The Blender Girl cookbook.
Please let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments!
Your feedback is really important to me, and it helps me decide which recipes to post next for you.
SNEAKY CHOCOLATE SPINACH SMOOTHIE
SNEAKY CHOCOLATE SPINACH SMOOTHIE - I get thousands of emails about this smoothie from delighted parents who hide veggies into their kids with this smoothie that tastes just like a regular chocolate milkshake. Our taste buds are temperature sensitive and we can't taste the full dimension of flavors at extremely cold temps. So, you can add 1/4 cup or frozen raw broccoli or cauliflower to smoothies and you can't taste it. The steamed cauliflower in this recipe needs to be cooled completely. Just be open and try this. You will be AMAZED. GET THE FULL PRINTED RECIPE:https://www.theblendergirl.com/recipe/chocolate-spinach-smoothie/Posted by The Blendaholic on Sunday, August 5, 2018
Chock-Full Chocolate Spinach Smoothie
Want to sneak some spinach and other vegetables into your kids without them knowing? This chocolate spinach smoothie is the best kept secret in town.
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup (22g) firmly packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (25g) frozen broccoli (about 2 florets)
- 1 medium-sized banana, plus more to taste
- 1/2 ripe pear, cored, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (120g) steamed cauliflower florets (cooled completely)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes
- Throw everything into your blender (including any boosters) and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Tweak the banana, pear, cacao, vanilla, and maple syrup. *This smoothie is best consumed immediately before the vegetables get assertive.