Chock-Full Chocolate Spinach Smoothiefrom The Blender Girl cookbook
June 3, 2011
This chocolate spinach smoothie from The Blender Girl cookbook, and delicious and is a fun way to get kids to eat more veggies.
Chock-Full Chocolate Spinach Smoothie
Want to sneak some spinach and other vegetables into your kids without them knowing? This chocolate spinach smoothie is the best kept secret in town.
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup (22g) firmly packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (25g) frozen broccoli (about 2 florets)
- 1 medium-sized banana, plus more to taste
- 1/2 ripe pear, cored, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (120g) steamed cauliflower florets (cooled completely)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes
- Throw everything into your blender (including any boosters) and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Tweak the banana, pear, cacao, vanilla, and maple syrup. *This smoothie is best consumed immediately before the vegetables get assertive.